Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Gas prices
I know everyone's complained about it, but it's getting ridiculous. I was driving home from work yesterday and the cheapest gas I saw was 3.45 for regular unleaded. My first thought of course was (well, actually, I better not print that...). My second thought was, "I wonder if all the gas stations are this high, or if I can find one cheaper?"
It turns out that Google Maps can help you figure that out. Go to maps.google.com and click on the My Maps tab on the left side. You should see a section called Featured Content. In that section you should see a link called "Gas Prices from GasBuddy.com". If you click on that link and input your zip code, then Google Maps will populate the map with all the gas stations in the area and then you can click on them to see the lowest price. Pretty freaking cool - makes me want to go back out and get gas again.
It turns out that Google Maps can help you figure that out. Go to maps.google.com and click on the My Maps tab on the left side. You should see a section called Featured Content. In that section you should see a link called "Gas Prices from GasBuddy.com". If you click on that link and input your zip code, then Google Maps will populate the map with all the gas stations in the area and then you can click on them to see the lowest price. Pretty freaking cool - makes me want to go back out and get gas again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yikes! Maybe I won't look at moving us out there after school... :)
John - please tell me you are going to see Barack Obama today at Google! I'd love to hear your take on the guy. He's the only candidate with whom I can find no fault. I'm interested to see how he comes across in person. Please do tell! Cammi
Hi Cammi, yes I'm going to see Obama, in fact I'm sitting in the room waiting as I type...
I'll post about it later.
I'll go ahead and answer for you John. Barrack = no substance.
Post a Comment