Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Earthquake and Halloween
Last night we were at home, Ang was helping the younger kids with their bath, Micah and I were sitting at the kitchen table working on her math homework, when our house started to shake. We have been here for almost 3 1/2 years, and we keep hearing about earthquakes, but we hadn't felt one until last night. It started for Micah and me by the laundry room door beginning to rattle and shake noisily, followed the room moving for no apparent reason. My first thought was that it was a couple of big trucks rolling by right outside our house (we live in a parking lot after all), but we didn't hear the noise that would have accompanied that event. It lasted only a few seconds, and then it was over except for a couple of very brief aftershocks. Micah was a bit scared, but other than that it was no big deal. I was surprised to see it on a lot of news outlets today, but I guess it was a 5.6 quake down close to San Jose, which would be big enough to make the news.
Anyway, we're fine, and we can now say we've felt a real earthquake (although that wasn't exactly something we were looking forward to). We're glad it wasn't a bad one!
Ang and the kids all came to Google yesterday afternoon for the big Google Halloween party for the kids and families. It was really fun - they got their faces painted by very talented artists (pictures hopefully by tomorrow); we ate good food; and just had a good time. The adult Halloween party is today (not sure I'm going to make that one as I'm a bit swamped with work - yes, work). I'll give a full Halloween report tomorrow after all the festivities have ended and the sugar high worn off.
Everybody stay safe tonight!!!
Anyway, we're fine, and we can now say we've felt a real earthquake (although that wasn't exactly something we were looking forward to). We're glad it wasn't a bad one!
Ang and the kids all came to Google yesterday afternoon for the big Google Halloween party for the kids and families. It was really fun - they got their faces painted by very talented artists (pictures hopefully by tomorrow); we ate good food; and just had a good time. The adult Halloween party is today (not sure I'm going to make that one as I'm a bit swamped with work - yes, work). I'll give a full Halloween report tomorrow after all the festivities have ended and the sugar high worn off.
Everybody stay safe tonight!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! We heard about it on the news. We're glad you are all good and ready for Halloween. Be safe.
i didn't watch the news today.. that's scary. i don't think i ever want to be in an earthquake..
Post a Comment