Monday, October 22, 2007

Family Reunion

The term "family reunion" doesn't always conjure up the most pleasant of thoughts, but this week, it's the greatest! The majority of the Richards clan is headed down to Disneyland for a few days of fun together, and we can't wait! The girls have been counting down for weeks now, and we're amazed the time is almost here. We've been so busy that it's come upon us somewhat suddenly.

A few things that will be great about this week's trip:
  • All but Dan and Hailey will be making the trek to SoCal. We'll really miss them, but considering they have a very new baby and a tough first semester of business school going on, it's understandable that the timing didn't work perfectly for them. It'll be awesome to hang out with everyone and relax together.
  • We'll all be on vacation at the same time...I know, you're thinking "duh", but when we go to Utah to visit, we're typically the only ones on vacation, so we have to sort of weave our vacation with everyone's normal lives. They do a great job of accommodating us, but that's just the point - nobody will be accommodating anyone, we'll all be on vacation together.
  • Disneyland: if you do this place right, it can be great. This is the right time of year, and I'm guessing it won't be overly crowded, so we should have a great time. Also, from what I hear, the hotel is very close to the park (i.e. walkable), which will give us a lot of flexibility with tired kids and dads.
  • The weather: here's the forecast...Thursday - Sunny, 83 degrees; Friday - Sunny, 77 degrees...... ah yeah.
We're really grateful to Grandpa and Grandma Richards for putting this together. They're the best!

3 comments:

Molly said...

You guys know that Caleb, the twins and I won't be there either, right? Dang, I thought I told you. I will miss seeing you guys so much! Be thinking of me here alone, swimming in infants and toddlers while you're living it up in the sun! :)

Nate said...

Ah yeah....we can't wait. Molly we'll miss you and the younger clan. Dan and Hailey, we can't wait to get away from you ;). Everyone else, HERE IT COMES...WE ARE SO EXCITED.

John (nice blog, by the way).

Unknown said...

have fun! i hope the wildfires don't bother you on the trip.