Thursday, September 20, 2007
Dublin and family update
First of all, I really miss the family! Angela has been very busy...frequently still awake at home working on projects or reading when I wake up the next morning here in Dublin. She's so great with the kids, and they probably don't even know somebody from the family is missing. It's hard for me to be away for a whole week. I enjoy traveling very infrequently, and I've really enjoyed myself here, but I keep lamenting to myself about what I'm missing at home.
Brig has been picking up a lot of new sounds and words lately. He also likes to mimic movements, and Angela's been telling me they both love to play that game together. His favorite book is his animal book, which he will sometimes insist on taking to bed with him. He's teething again with some of his big teeth, and that's never fun for him or us. But he's still our happy little guy, and I can't wait to see him again.
Morgan has a lot of good friends, with a play date today, and is loving kindergarten. She is amazing with her reading and sight reading on her self-imposed list of "sight words". We're really proud of her, and we have heard from her friends moms that their kids want to read like Morgan.
Kennan has been a little sick this week, even coming home from school early yesterday. We knew she wasn't faking it because she really likes school. She is currently reading an abridged version of "Little Women" and loving it. She also really likes soccer and is exhibiting a lot of good skill (I hear, I haven't been to any games yet this year...good coach, huh?).
Micah continues to keep herself super busy with meeting high piano standards, assisting with the piano teaching once a week, assistant directing Kennan's school play, rehearsing for her own school play, doing homework, trying to squeeze in a play date every now and then, and who knows what else. Luckily she's very responsible and gets things done without too much prodding and poking, and she's of course a good girl and always fun to have around.
As for me, I'm having a good time in Dublin. London included: Wicked, Buckingham Palace, the Tate Modern Art Museum, a great walking tour of London with Karen and Joe, and I can't even list all the things we saw on our adventure. Dublin has been a little more centralized as it's been very busy with our work meetings and activities. I enjoy the people on the team, and apart from the meetings, we've had a fun dinner and cultural show at a pub, a great team building event at a castle that consisted of "Irish olympics", and many relaxed interactions. I was glad to get my presentation out of the way on the first day so I could relax after that - it went pretty well. I decided to not run at all this week so as to rest my injured foot that's been bothering me for weeks now.
Well, despite bringing my digital camera, it never crosses my mind to take it with me until a couple days later when I think "that would have been a good picture..." I have a few, which I'll put up when I get home, but not as many as you'd think. Sorry.
Really looking forward to the journey home tomorrow because that means I'm just hours away from the family!
Brig has been picking up a lot of new sounds and words lately. He also likes to mimic movements, and Angela's been telling me they both love to play that game together. His favorite book is his animal book, which he will sometimes insist on taking to bed with him. He's teething again with some of his big teeth, and that's never fun for him or us. But he's still our happy little guy, and I can't wait to see him again.
Morgan has a lot of good friends, with a play date today, and is loving kindergarten. She is amazing with her reading and sight reading on her self-imposed list of "sight words". We're really proud of her, and we have heard from her friends moms that their kids want to read like Morgan.
Kennan has been a little sick this week, even coming home from school early yesterday. We knew she wasn't faking it because she really likes school. She is currently reading an abridged version of "Little Women" and loving it. She also really likes soccer and is exhibiting a lot of good skill (I hear, I haven't been to any games yet this year...good coach, huh?).
Micah continues to keep herself super busy with meeting high piano standards, assisting with the piano teaching once a week, assistant directing Kennan's school play, rehearsing for her own school play, doing homework, trying to squeeze in a play date every now and then, and who knows what else. Luckily she's very responsible and gets things done without too much prodding and poking, and she's of course a good girl and always fun to have around.
As for me, I'm having a good time in Dublin. London included: Wicked, Buckingham Palace, the Tate Modern Art Museum, a great walking tour of London with Karen and Joe, and I can't even list all the things we saw on our adventure. Dublin has been a little more centralized as it's been very busy with our work meetings and activities. I enjoy the people on the team, and apart from the meetings, we've had a fun dinner and cultural show at a pub, a great team building event at a castle that consisted of "Irish olympics", and many relaxed interactions. I was glad to get my presentation out of the way on the first day so I could relax after that - it went pretty well. I decided to not run at all this week so as to rest my injured foot that's been bothering me for weeks now.
Well, despite bringing my digital camera, it never crosses my mind to take it with me until a couple days later when I think "that would have been a good picture..." I have a few, which I'll put up when I get home, but not as many as you'd think. Sorry.
Really looking forward to the journey home tomorrow because that means I'm just hours away from the family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know you are the father of three girls when you take a trip to London and the first thing you do is go to a musical about the Wizard of Oz. Would you like some shoes with that skirt Nancy?
:)
Post a Comment