Monday, September 24, 2007
Great to be home...Now looking forward
Despite the travel day from "H" in which all of my flights were late, it was awesome to come home. The family is all doing well and it's hard for me to keep up with everyone now that I'm unaccustomed to everything going on at home. My body clock is a little off - I went to bed last night at 8:15... I think that's the first time in my life.
Before I forget...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON! - another year older and, since he hasn't fallen off any 3-story buildings lately, it appears wiser too. We wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys.
St. George is 11 days, 20 hours away as I write. I really enjoy the whole weekend - driving to St. George, staying with the Coltons in Green Valley, picking up my number at the Expo, seeing family and friends (Uncle Mike, Matt & Sheri, etc.), and then there's always the race. We're currently trying to decide if Angela and any of the kids will join me or if I will drive by myself. Of course I strongly prefer them to come, but she isn't sure what is best...
As some of you know, of the 7 marathons I've run, I've had severe leg cramps in most of them. It's a big problem for me, and it's been weighing on my mind so heavily that I'm almost dreading the race next week. But I recently talked to a guy in the neighboring ward who's run a lot of marathons and has overcoming cramping problems (no Matt, not those kind of cramps) like I have. He gave me a rundown on what he does to allude the cramps, and I'm very excited to implement these things into my race day regimen. With this new information, I feel like I at least have something that has worked for someone else, and I'm really hopeful it will work for me too. So because of this, I'm excited again to run!
Angela has been plowing through a new book series. The first book, Twilight, we have both read and liked, and I guess Ang liked the second one as well because she's been up reading at all hours of the night and seems to have finished within a shockingly short period of time. So if you want a quick read and a pretty good story, you might think of picking these up.
And of course, the universe righted itself this past weekend with BYU winning big against a decent conference opponent, and Utah losing big to a hapless conference opponent. Glad things are back to normal and order is restored. Also, if any of you have been catching any of the Rugby World Cup games, the quarterfinals are almost set now and it's going to get really good pretty quick here. New Zealand, Australia, South Africa have all looked really good, and France is dominant again after laying an egg against Argentina. The winner should come from one of those top three.
As for the home front, our goal for this week is to make it as NORMAL as possible. That usually means church stuff at least half of the evenings and a lot of homework/activities for the kids. Sounds pretty good to me.
Before I forget...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON! - another year older and, since he hasn't fallen off any 3-story buildings lately, it appears wiser too. We wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys.
St. George is 11 days, 20 hours away as I write. I really enjoy the whole weekend - driving to St. George, staying with the Coltons in Green Valley, picking up my number at the Expo, seeing family and friends (Uncle Mike, Matt & Sheri, etc.), and then there's always the race. We're currently trying to decide if Angela and any of the kids will join me or if I will drive by myself. Of course I strongly prefer them to come, but she isn't sure what is best...
As some of you know, of the 7 marathons I've run, I've had severe leg cramps in most of them. It's a big problem for me, and it's been weighing on my mind so heavily that I'm almost dreading the race next week. But I recently talked to a guy in the neighboring ward who's run a lot of marathons and has overcoming cramping problems (no Matt, not those kind of cramps) like I have. He gave me a rundown on what he does to allude the cramps, and I'm very excited to implement these things into my race day regimen. With this new information, I feel like I at least have something that has worked for someone else, and I'm really hopeful it will work for me too. So because of this, I'm excited again to run!
Angela has been plowing through a new book series. The first book, Twilight, we have both read and liked, and I guess Ang liked the second one as well because she's been up reading at all hours of the night and seems to have finished within a shockingly short period of time. So if you want a quick read and a pretty good story, you might think of picking these up.
And of course, the universe righted itself this past weekend with BYU winning big against a decent conference opponent, and Utah losing big to a hapless conference opponent. Glad things are back to normal and order is restored. Also, if any of you have been catching any of the Rugby World Cup games, the quarterfinals are almost set now and it's going to get really good pretty quick here. New Zealand, Australia, South Africa have all looked really good, and France is dominant again after laying an egg against Argentina. The winner should come from one of those top three.
As for the home front, our goal for this week is to make it as NORMAL as possible. That usually means church stuff at least half of the evenings and a lot of homework/activities for the kids. Sounds pretty good to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
glad you are back safe.
i'm glad angela liked twilight too!
Welcome back. I am looking forward to running with you. I will use your football comments as motivation at mile 24.
Dude, just drink a pint of pickle juice and you'll be right as rain...
Post a Comment