Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Perfect weather

Yesterday had to be the nicest day you can possibly imagine. I don't know if it's because I've been out of town in less Sunny climes, or if it's just this early fall time of year, but I was just in awe of how nice it was whenever I stepped outside. One of the benefits of the Google campus is that the buildings can be somewhat spread out, and I got to walk to one of the further buildings yesterday. Sunny, probably 70 degrees, a little crispness in the air but perfectly comfortable in short sleeves, a few leaves changing but still a lot of green - good to be alive!

Brig's been a stinker at night lately. I'm sure it has "nothing" to do with the fact that Ang let him sleep in our bed the whole time I was gone. He's not his usual self at nights, and it's a bit frustrating. But of course it's impossible to be mad in the mornings as he is so loving and happy. For you young parents, just get used to the idea of their sleep patterns being very cyclical...you think you've got it down, and then everything changes. Thank goodness for the mornings to remind us how much we love them.

We've been experimenting a little bit with leaving Micah in charge of the kids at home, and it's worked out pretty well in the mornings as we exercise. Last Saturday we tried it in the evening as we went out for a close and quick dinner with some friends. Didn't go over quite as well as we were hoping, but we'll continue trying when the circumstances seem right. It's very enticing to think that soon we'll have our very own bonafide babysitter!

Another busy week, but then that's a bit redundant to keep talking about. Suffice it to say we're doing well, and roughly succeeding to get the things done that need to be done.

No comments: