Monday, September 10, 2007
Micah got her first job. OK, she's not exactly working yet, but she was asked by her piano teacher, who runs a big operation, if she would like to be an assistant. She has to go through a series of trainings and evaluations first, but after a couple of months she'll start getting paid for her once-a-week duties. She's pretty excited and already has grand plans for her earnings.
My impressions of the Rose Bowl and the game: The Rose Bowl actually looks smaller than I thought it would from the inside. It's huge, but because it completely encloses the field, it's not as high up at any point as you'd think. The game was a story of two completely different halves. The first half was stinky, the second half was as exciting as I've been to in a long time. It definitely made it worth going...man, a couple of breaks here and there, a call that finally went our way (for once), and that's a different outcome. I was extremely impressed with Max Hall - that dude is fearless in standing in the pocket, and he threw some really nice balls. I was also really happy another guy and I drove home after the game instead of staying one more night and flying home Sunday. It was really nice to spend a quiet day with the fam.
I gave the Bishop's Youth Fireside address last night and talked about Following the Right Leaders. I think it went pretty well because I shared a bunch of examples that the kids could relate to. That was my first one because I've been out of town for the others this summer, and it was fun to do.
This week shouldn't be quite as hectic as last, as we only average maybe one thing a night instead of three. I think we're realizing that with the kids getting older and thus having more activities and responsibilities, and then with both of our church callings, we are always on the edge of out of control. I think we just need to get used to it, which will hopefully increase our capacity to deal with having a million things to do.
My impressions of the Rose Bowl and the game: The Rose Bowl actually looks smaller than I thought it would from the inside. It's huge, but because it completely encloses the field, it's not as high up at any point as you'd think. The game was a story of two completely different halves. The first half was stinky, the second half was as exciting as I've been to in a long time. It definitely made it worth going...man, a couple of breaks here and there, a call that finally went our way (for once), and that's a different outcome. I was extremely impressed with Max Hall - that dude is fearless in standing in the pocket, and he threw some really nice balls. I was also really happy another guy and I drove home after the game instead of staying one more night and flying home Sunday. It was really nice to spend a quiet day with the fam.
I gave the Bishop's Youth Fireside address last night and talked about Following the Right Leaders. I think it went pretty well because I shared a bunch of examples that the kids could relate to. That was my first one because I've been out of town for the others this summer, and it was fun to do.
This week shouldn't be quite as hectic as last, as we only average maybe one thing a night instead of three. I think we're realizing that with the kids getting older and thus having more activities and responsibilities, and then with both of our church callings, we are always on the edge of out of control. I think we just need to get used to it, which will hopefully increase our capacity to deal with having a million things to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats to Micah on entering the work force! And hey, you and Ang might walk the fine line between control and out of control, but we haven't been in control for years! You guys handle everything so well and make it all look easy.
Hey Moneybags... er Micah,
So I guess you will be buying me lunch next time you come out?
Clint
Post a Comment