Sunday, September 30, 2007
I love weekends
Thought you might enjoy a few pictures.
It's amazing how satisfying a kids soccer game, and hours of work down in the depths of the basement can be. We had a great weekend, including the right mix of work, productivity, and relaxation, and friend time. We also had a really fun party at a friend's house from the school - a very nice house in a very nice part of town with a very nice catering menu and very nice people - a lot of fun! The Cougs won their game last night so that was good even though Texas lost. Another highlight was Micah, Morgan and I had a great long walk this afternoon while Ang and the other kids slept.
So the kids are just singing along with the Wicked CD and I am once again blown away by how good Micah sounds. They all love to sing, and are good singers, but Micah sounds like she could be in the cast right now...
Micah leaves tomorrow morning on her week-long 5th grade field trip. We're really going to miss her, especially since some of us won't see her until Sunday night after St. George. It's hard to let your 10 year old go for a week with the school, but we're sure she'll be ok, and we'll somehow manage without her.
And speaking of St. George, I'm excited to run with Matt and Jason, well at least until I drop off their scorching pace. So I should be able to hang with them for at least a couple hundred yards, and then maybe I'll catch up again when Matt stops to make a deposit around mile 4, but I have a feeling it's going to be a lonely road for me.
It's amazing how satisfying a kids soccer game, and hours of work down in the depths of the basement can be. We had a great weekend, including the right mix of work, productivity, and relaxation, and friend time. We also had a really fun party at a friend's house from the school - a very nice house in a very nice part of town with a very nice catering menu and very nice people - a lot of fun! The Cougs won their game last night so that was good even though Texas lost. Another highlight was Micah, Morgan and I had a great long walk this afternoon while Ang and the other kids slept.
So the kids are just singing along with the Wicked CD and I am once again blown away by how good Micah sounds. They all love to sing, and are good singers, but Micah sounds like she could be in the cast right now...
Micah leaves tomorrow morning on her week-long 5th grade field trip. We're really going to miss her, especially since some of us won't see her until Sunday night after St. George. It's hard to let your 10 year old go for a week with the school, but we're sure she'll be ok, and we'll somehow manage without her.
And speaking of St. George, I'm excited to run with Matt and Jason, well at least until I drop off their scorching pace. So I should be able to hang with them for at least a couple hundred yards, and then maybe I'll catch up again when Matt stops to make a deposit around mile 4, but I have a feeling it's going to be a lonely road for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment