Friday, July 20, 2007

"...Cuz I'm Aaaalready gone..."

The great Eagles tune aptly describes my workplace efficiency this morning... physically I'm here (in shorts and flip flops mind you, which actually isn't unusual at all here), but mentally I'm miles away. I love vacations.

Here's what our day is going to look like:
  • leave work around 11:30
  • finish packing the car (just a few things left)
  • load up the troops
  • hit the road around 12:30 PT
  • Angela fall asleep around 1:00 PT for the rest of the trip
  • fight traffic from San Jose through Sacramento
  • first DVD of the trip - I'm guessing "Night at the Museum"
  • give the kids Dramamine before we hit the Sierras
  • stop in Reno for gas at the Shell station around 4:30 PT
  • keep driving - maybe a late afternoon napski for the kids
  • second DVD of the trip - I'm guessing 'The Incredibles"
  • stop in Elko for gas at the Shell station around 8:30 PT
  • take contacts out in favor of glasses
  • third DVD of the trip (if Angela caves) - I'm guessing... I have no idea
  • stop in Wendover and pull a few slots (just kidding)
  • enter Utah airspace around 11:30pm MT
  • everybody but Dad dead to the world by this point
  • iPod cranking
  • drive through the stretch west of Tooele with all the "Drowsy Driving Causes Crashes" signs
  • blow through SLC at around 1:00am MT... probably wishing we could stop
  • arrive at Christine's house in Provo around 2:00am MT
  • the party begins.............
Wish us luck!

No comments: