Thursday, May 7, 2009
One Excited Little Girl!
Today is Morgan's 7th birthday - her Golden birthday as a matter of fact (turning 7 on the 7th). We had a small celebration last night because we had a special surprise for her - she got the news last night at dinner that she and Angela were going to fly down to Disneyland just for the day and then come back tonight. Man, talk about a happy kid! At first she couldn't believe it, and then she couldn't stop talking about it. I went in to see if the kids were still awake when I got home from my bishopric meetings last night and the second I opened the door she sat up and started telling me the order in which she was going to do things at D-land.
I drove them to the airport at 5:30 this morning, and let me tell you, that was the easiest time we've ever had waking her up, including Christmas and Easter mornings. She was a total chatterbox in the car, and Ang and I just sat there smiling and chuckling at how happy she was. And the best thing is, it probably cost us less than a big normal birthday present would have. When I went to St George for a golf weekend a couple months ago I let myself get bumped and got a good sized credit from Southwest for doing so - that covered both plane tickets today with room to spare, so no cost on the flights. Morgan gets in free to the park today because it's her birthday, and she'll wear a button walking around the park all day which means that all the Disney characters have to come up to her whenever they see her and say happy birthday.
Morgan called us after they got off the plan and she couldn't wait to tell the kids that she was actually calling from a taxi - I guess that's the first time she's been in one. She also said the whole plane sang happy birthday to her, and they gave her a goody bag. I think she's definitely feeling the love today.
If any of you want to express birthday wishes, I would text Angela while they're at the park - that would mean a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow! what a great gift!
that sounds like a lot of fun! it would be hard to top that one..
Post a Comment