Monday, May 18, 2009
To start off with, I'll tell you it's been almost 100 degrees the last couple of days. Every once in a while we have these hot spells that seem to only stay for a short time but they really throw everyone for a loop. Should be a little cooler this week. My allergies have also been unusually bad this last week - probably because I've spent a lot of time outdoors recently - and I'm hoping that goes away as well.
Last week was a fun one for me. I got to play golf twice - once with a couple of good friends at a nice country club, and once in a work golf tournament up in Napa. Thursday and Friday we had a work offsite where the whole Finance org went up to Napa for some fun and out-of-office bonding. The golf was fun (there were other activities for non-golfers) - my team won the scramble tourney - and we had a really nice stay at the Westin. It was very fun to hang out with friends and coworkers in a relaxed setting.
Ang has been ultra busy with her PTA stuff. If I haven't mentioned it, she's currently the Vice President of the PTA for her school, and will be El Presidente next year. So every singly night she has loads of work to do as she works through the transition from the old board to the new board, etc. The amount of time she's working, I can't help thinking she might as well just get a job and get paid for it!
Micah tried out for another PYT play this weekend. The play is Aladdin, but I understand it's different from the Disney production, so I'm not too sure what to expect. She did well in the auditions and got call backs for all the important things she wanted. It's a summer play, so it would be something to keep her busy when she doesn't have school.
I played basketball a couple of times last week and had a great time. It had been months since I last played, and sometimes when you take a break and then start up again, there's something fresh about it and everything seems to click. Very fun! I can also use the exercise as I've been taking it pretty easy since the triathlon.
We can't wait to have my parents out visiting us this weekend. They're traveling a lot these couple of weeks because of Dan's graduation from Wharton this past weekend, and then I think they're going somewhere else the week after they come here. We're glad we get them to ourselves when they come here. The kids especially will really enjoy the time.
We finally caught up to the end of LOST this weekend and were surprised by the ending. For some reason we thought this was the last season, but we now know there is one more season next year. There were great episodes this year - completely unpredictable - already can't wait for next year. We were bummed though because we realized as we ran out of space on our DVR, it just continues to record stuff and deletes the oldest things on there to make room. We didn't realize it, but we lost about 3 old episodes of 24, so now we're not going to be able to finish the season. I was sort of losing interest anyway, so not really a big deal, but I'm sure we would've gotten around to it sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You haven't missed much in 24...I lost interest too, and the 2-hour season finale didn't add much to the season. We're jealous the parents get to come see you guys!
Post a Comment