Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and Camping Pics

We tried our best to honor Angela yesterday for Mother's Day. Brig and I picked up a big bouquet of flowers for her on Saturday afternoon, which went over pretty well, and the girls all made a bunch of cards and fun notes in school, achievement days, and on their own. We let her sleep in on Sunday morning, which worked great because most of my meetings were canceled so I was around to help with the kids. In church the ward was in upheaval because all the women were asked to go to Relief Society, and those who taught primary, Young Womens, Sunday school, etc. were subbed for by the Elders quorum, the YM and the YW - it was pure chaos in some of the primary classes, but good for the moms. Ang got a nice long afternoon nap as I played with Brig and helped the kids get their homework done, and then I made dinner of grilled chicken, barbeque baked beans, and salad. We did get Ang to make us one of her famous apple pies, and of course we helped her eat it. I think all in all she had a great day. We love her very much and are glad she puts up with us...

We also got to have a nice conversation with my Mom in the evening, and we could hear the background noise of what sounded like the rest of the family gathered to celebrate Mom. We missed being there, and we miss everyone.

Here are a few pictures of Brig and me at the Fathers and Sons campout Friday night and Saturday morning. We had a great time - he was VERY happy to be camping with Dad. I think his highlight was sleeping in the tent, although we also had a lot of fun sitting by the fire, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, playing and talking with the other kids and dads, looking for deer and lizards, and playing catch with the football and with our a ball and our mitts. I don't sleep well on the ground, but it's totally worth it for the happiness that Brig gets from doing it.

1 comment:

Matt M. said...

That looks like fun! Fathers and sons has to be the best. I hope we have some boys for those fun things.