Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy B-day Spencer! ... yesterday ...

I didn't have time to make a note of Spencer's birthday yesterday.  I believe he's 35, which is pretty freakin old.  He looks it too - probably up to 6% body fat, 2 lines of care in his boyish face, and streaks of gray cleverly hidden in his blond hair.  He's a great man, father, husband, brother, doctor, and lover (I hear).  Happy bday bro!

And speaking of birthdays, if you ever want to put on a cool birthday party for your spouse, do like our friends did last night and rent out a movie theater for an evening, invite 100 or so of your closest friends, have some food and drinks, and show your favorite movie.  Pretty good idea, not sure what the price tag would be (probably too high).  Unfortunately the movie they showed was Peter Pan (some version I'd never seen - definitely NOT the kids version).

The kids had "dress like your favorite book character" at school today and I noticed how similar their attire was to recent Halloween costumes.  I guess their favorite characters are determined based on how well they coincide with available dress ups.

Tomorrow morning at 7:30am, I'll be jumping willingly into the San Francisco Bay - yes, that questionably clean, incredibly cold, and saltier than anything I'm used to swimming in Bay.  My very first triathlon experience will happen tomorrow, and I'm both excited and filled with trepidation (mostly around the aforementioned swim portion).  Will be interesting to see how it all turns out - I'll let you know, unless I die.


3 comments:

Matt M. said...

Good luck with your tri! Sounds like fun!

Cammi said...

Good luck with the triathlon, John. You are WAY BRAVE to jump in that choppy water. Yikes! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

samandbrodi said...

Look forward to getting your thoughts on doing the triathlon. That is awesome.

And it is nice that Spence finally joined the 35 and older crowd. We are not as old as you John (I think you are 43 now, aren't you?) but we are catching up.