I just listened to James Blake speak as a part of our guest speaker program at work. He was awesome. It wasn't so much that he was a dynamic speaker who said amazing things, it was more that he just opened up really casually and shared things about himself and about playing professional tennis. He didn't give us canned or careful answers, he just answered questions with his true thoughts. He laughed easily, he was humble and self-effacing, he is very well-spoken and educated (Harvard, after all...), and he seems to be a person content with life - not just as a pro tennis player, but almost in spite of that. I've always liked him, and now I like him even more! I immediately ordered his book on Amazon - I'll let you know what I think, but I can already tell you I'm going to love it.A funny thing I thought I'd share that Kennan said last night. Ang took the kids with some friends out to a place where you can watch a colony of Elephant Seals, both young and old, from very close range. Kennan told me excitedly how her favorite thing about it was watching the big male elephant seal mate with the females. Hmm, I guess you could say that's nature at it's finest.
4 comments:
I was hoping that your post would have been different about Blake...Brodi is already in love with him and this will only make it worse. It is hard for me to keep up with him. Thanks for nothing, john.
I am so jealous you got to hear him speak. He is one of our favorites and will always remember when he played Agassi last year. Let us know how the book is...Todd will love it too.
Does this mean that things are on the rocks with you and Lance?
I am SO JEALOUS of your job - because of the food and the guest speaker series! I need to find a way to sneak into those meetings. I remember seeing James Blake on a news show a few years ago and I was VERY impressed. If I remember correctly, he was talking about losing his father and then going through some health problems himself. He seemed very genuine and interesting. Let me know if the book is good. I might have to read that one. Best sports biography ever - JACKIE ROBINSON. You have to read it if you haven't already. I couldn't put it down and I don't even like baseball that much!
Post a Comment