Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

I have a weird habit of getting a bunch of flowers, making hand-made cards, and giving them to Ang and the girls a day or two before Valentines day. I think it started back when we were having to be very careful with our money, and I realized that flowers on Valentines day cost roughly 50% more than flowers a little before Valentines day. It doesn't matter so much now, not because we don't need to be careful with money, but because I found a great little local flower shop that keeps prices low throughout. But I still do it early - old habits die hard...

So I bought some flowers yesterday during lunch, went home while I knew nobody was there, and left my homemade cards and the flowers for the girls to find on the kitchen table when they got home. They all seemed happy about it, but later Angela told me the girls asked her, "does Dad know today's not Valentines day?" Man, they must think I'm an idiot. Oh well.

Anyway, happy V day.

No comments: