Monday, January 21, 2008

Needless holiday?

We're currently enjoying Martin Luther King day, but it kind of feels like we really didn't need a holiday from work or school yet. I mean, we just had a long one for Christmas. We're not doing anything wild or crazy because Morgan and Kennan are sick today. I guess it's good they're not missing school.

Brig continues to be hilarious. He's such a fun kid, and I love weekends because they're a good time for me to spend a lot of time with him. He walks around with his "Choojar" hat on (BYU) carrying either a ball, a car, or Morgan's guitar. He also is loving a train set, or a more accurately a bunch of old train sets all jumbled together, that he gets out every day. We recently got a set of push-up handles and anytime Ang or I attempt to use them, he comes running over and dives on them, claiming them as his. Oh well.

The kids' friends are all getting Wii video game systems and they're of course loving playing with them. Micah informed me, "Dad, I've come to the conclusion that we really need to get a Wii". OK, if you say so...

Morgan is receiving a school Principal's award for Excellence. We're so proud of her - she's such a great girl. She'll be recognized with other kids at an assembly in front of the school, which will be fun for her.

Ang and I watched Bourne Ultimatum again last night. That is an awesome show - an awesome series of shows. We've also been watching the Australian Open tennis tournament and have been enjoying the matches. I stayed up til 2:30 in the morning Saturday am watching Federer barely beat an unseeded opponent in a marathon 5-set match. It was great stuff.

Micah and Kennan had a piano recital over the weekend and they did a good job.

1 comment:

Dan and Hailey said...

That's awesome...I love that I can now picture where all this stuff goes on. See you guys soon (I hope)!