Friday, January 25, 2008
Build an ark...
It's been absolutely pouring rain all day today. Add that to the off and on rain we've had for the past week, and it's getting mighty spongy around here. I'm a big rain guy as long as it doesn't impede on my activities, and I can't say I mind the bad weather. When I say I'm a big rain guy, I just like the variability that a rainy day brings. Sometimes, and I can't believe I'm saying this, there are just too many sunny days in a row and it gets a little old. So a good soaking rain is fine by me.
Angela and I really enjoyed the Spirit of the Marathon movie last night. It was fun to see people train for and run the Chicago marathon from a couple years ago. I was totally blown away by the elite runners - Deena Kastor and the Kenyans, to be specific. For one, they were just cruising. I laughed at one point because during the actual race the announcer was saying that Deena slowed down to a 6:02 pace mile and how that really signaled she was in trouble...uh, that's faster by a full minute than probably any mile I've ever run! And what else blew me away was that at her training peak she runs 140+ miles in one week. Can you fathom that? That's an average of 20 miles a day with no rest days. WOW! If I could only do 1/2 that in a given week I'd be completely stoked.
Looking forward to the weekend. We've got stake conference so Saturday will be a little more churchy than usual, but should be good. Work's been a little stressful this week with changing projects that add work and new requirements. Good to be busy though.
Congratulations to Christine and Cameron for being pregnant with #4! Congratulations to Spencer and Molly for NOT being pregnant with #6! Congratulations to Matt for his alleged new lawyering responsibilities and importance (alleged because we heard it third or fourth hand)! Congratulations to Dan for gathering some good internship interviews - hint: don't screw up the Google ones!
Have a great weekend.
Angela and I really enjoyed the Spirit of the Marathon movie last night. It was fun to see people train for and run the Chicago marathon from a couple years ago. I was totally blown away by the elite runners - Deena Kastor and the Kenyans, to be specific. For one, they were just cruising. I laughed at one point because during the actual race the announcer was saying that Deena slowed down to a 6:02 pace mile and how that really signaled she was in trouble...uh, that's faster by a full minute than probably any mile I've ever run! And what else blew me away was that at her training peak she runs 140+ miles in one week. Can you fathom that? That's an average of 20 miles a day with no rest days. WOW! If I could only do 1/2 that in a given week I'd be completely stoked.
Looking forward to the weekend. We've got stake conference so Saturday will be a little more churchy than usual, but should be good. Work's been a little stressful this week with changing projects that add work and new requirements. Good to be busy though.
Congratulations to Christine and Cameron for being pregnant with #4! Congratulations to Spencer and Molly for NOT being pregnant with #6! Congratulations to Matt for his alleged new lawyering responsibilities and importance (alleged because we heard it third or fourth hand)! Congratulations to Dan for gathering some good internship interviews - hint: don't screw up the Google ones!
Have a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment