Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Mongolia, of all places...
Dad's in Mongolia at the moment on some kind of voluntary surgery mission. Mom has forwarded some updates from him and he seems to be doing well. It sounds like he is with a good group of docs, and also knows some of the Church mission people as well. I believe he has roughly another week there, and it will be interesting to get his take on the whole experience when he's finished. It's a long way off, and it seems so foreign because we know so little about it - our thoughts and prayers are with him. Good luck Dad!
Last full school day for the kids today, and I'm not sure who's more excited - the kids or Angela. Ang is really looking forward to not having to get kids ready for school, and not have "school nights" anymore. My concern there is that we now won't have school nights, but we won't have "Mom and Dad" time either as the kids push the limits of how late they can stay up.
And speaking of Mongolia... I probably had as much chance of going to Mongolia as I did of playing golf at some of the amazing courses in Monterey/Carmel (Pebble Beach, Poppy Hills, Bayonet). BUT... guess who's playing Poppy Hills and Bayonet on Friday and Saturday?!?! Yep, me. It'll be a little more spendy than your average jaunt around the links, but we're getting a nice member discount, so definitely worth it. I'll think of you all as I'm stroking gorgeous drives down pristine fairways (and into rough, traps, trees, out-of-bounds, adjacent fairways, houses, cars, and playing partners).
Last full school day for the kids today, and I'm not sure who's more excited - the kids or Angela. Ang is really looking forward to not having to get kids ready for school, and not have "school nights" anymore. My concern there is that we now won't have school nights, but we won't have "Mom and Dad" time either as the kids push the limits of how late they can stay up.
And speaking of Mongolia... I probably had as much chance of going to Mongolia as I did of playing golf at some of the amazing courses in Monterey/Carmel (Pebble Beach, Poppy Hills, Bayonet). BUT... guess who's playing Poppy Hills and Bayonet on Friday and Saturday?!?! Yep, me. It'll be a little more spendy than your average jaunt around the links, but we're getting a nice member discount, so definitely worth it. I'll think of you all as I'm stroking gorgeous drives down pristine fairways (and into rough, traps, trees, out-of-bounds, adjacent fairways, houses, cars, and playing partners).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment