Friday, September 24, 2010

Fogged or Streaked?

I don't have terrible eyesight, but I do wear contacts every day.  I've had a few episodes over the last three months in which I'll have severe pain and some swelling in my right eye.  I had some drops that helped, but it never seemed like the problem completely went away.  So I finally went to the Eye Dr this week (I know, three months later...), and there's an infection on my cornea that can't completely heal because my contacts keep going on and scratching up the infection.  So that's the cause of my bloodshot eye if anyone has noticed.

Now I can't wear my contacts for a week or two to let the eye heal.  I don't like my glasses, but obviously there's no choice.  The worst part is the exercise, which I first tried yesterday morning on an early bike ride.  The main problem is that the glasses either fog up, or they get really streaked with sweat - I'm not sure which one's worse, because either way, it's tough to see.  I might try the contact-in-the-left-eye-but-not-the-right-eye trick and see how that goes.

Besides that, I feel funny wearing glasses all day - I look like a nerd.

3 comments:

Molly said...

... if the shoe fits ... :)

Whatcott said...

I hear you... I've had to wear my glasses for the last MONTH straight in preparation for LASIK. I'm crossing my fingers that Dr. Lohner will give me the ok tomorrow, and I will FINALLY, ONCE AND FOR ALL, be rid of the dang contacts/glasses issue.

jamkmb said...

Oh what would I do for LASIK!! - pretty much anything...

And yes, I got the veiled reference to my nerdity, Molly. :)