Wednesday, September 22, 2010
First Day of Fall...
With the start of each new season, I always think "I LOVE Fall/Spring/Summer..., etc." I think it represents a change, however small, and progress. I also associate certain things and events with the different seasons - for example, when I wake up on a Fall Saturday morning to crisp air and early morning sunshine, I feel like I should go for a long run before the football game starts.
As yesterday was the first day of Fall 2010, I celebrated by going on a short bike ride after work, and I really enjoyed riding up a mountain with the leaves starting to change color and the cool air. It's funny because the weather is consistent here that there was probably no physical difference from the day before, but it at least mentally felt like the true first day of Fall.
I spent a good hour and a half last night helping Kennan study for her science test today. She's a smart girl but has been struggling with her new teacher's teaching style, and it's been showing in her tests and quizzes. So as painful as it can sometimes be, I enjoy helping her because it really makes her happy to learn things, and I can see her confidence grow as she realizes she can do it.
We were driving in the car over the weekend, and the road turned a bit bumpy. We went fast over a relatively big bump, and Brig said, "oh! that made my private parts tickle!" You should have heard us laugh... He's also been fixated recently on math problems. He walks around the house challenging everyone with things like "what's one hundred plus nine?" Or he'll say "what's 9 + 8?" and then blurt out "18!" He even got to the point last night where he said at the dinner table: "what's air plus air? ... Air!", accompanied by his usual proud smile. We'll work on that one.
Angela is participating in her very first triathlon this Saturday. I can't wait to go see her, and I'll try to post pictures later if she lets me. She's been ruling my blog commentary with a bit of an iron fist lately (just kidding honey :-), so not sure if she'll let me tell you how great she is, how hot she looks, how fast she was, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment