Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Miracles, and more to come...

My apologies to the 3 of you who read the blog - I don't mean to be a slacker, but it just happens that way.

We have seen miracles this week from the Lord as it pertains to our Provo house, and it is impossible to adequately express our gratitude. I'm not going to go into details quite yet because a lot is still happening, but things are looking better for us on that front than they have for a couple of years. It was very nice to devote our whole fast on Sunday to gratitude, rather than pleading.

We heard on Sunday that the Oakland temple was open on Labor Day, so Angela and I took the opportunity to go. We intended to do initiatories, which we've been doing lately because they are somewhat quicker than a session, but they weren't actually doing that yesterday so we did some sealings. I admit I wasn't able to concentrate on the ceremonies as much because my surgically repaired knee hurts to kneel on, but we both really enjoyed being able to serve for a short time. I have to say though, I especially love the time in the car with Angela - it seems like we have some of our best talks on the way to and from the temple.

I also took Brig to the golf course where we both practiced our chipping and putting. Brig kept telling me he was better because he would hit it farther than I did. It was fun to do that kind of thing with him, and I hope to make it a habit. We also played tennis this weekend, which was fun, and we topped it off with a swim party and BBQ at friends house. Really fun weekend.

We had fun watching the BYU football game on Saturday. It was great to see them win, and I was pleasantly surprised with how well they did given how young they are in general.

Also, Angela's been eating differently and exercising a lot, and she looks amazing right now. She always looks great, but she's taken it to a whole new level. Makes me motivated to follow in her example.

1 comment:

Whatcott said...

Yeah! I am one of your 3 readers, sweet! I'm SOOOOO glad things are working out for you. You both deserve it. You are amazing people, parents, and examples.
Love yoU!