Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oh yeah, Mothers Day

I forgot to talk about our Mothers Day in my blog post yesterday. I guess that's kind of typical isn't it - to be really grateful for mothers, but sometimes forget about them because they're always there in the background. So I just have to remind you all of what a great mother Angela is. She is incredible in every way, and no doubt that's an understatement. I'm so glad to have her as the role model to our girls, and as the primary care giver, school supporter, shuttle driver, activity arranger, fun-time planner, and hug giver to our kids. Of course I participate in all of those things, but in many ways I'm another kid - I do what I'm told (usually with multiple reminders), and things generally turn out just right. I love Angela very much and am grateful for our nearly 16 years of marriage and 13 years of parenthood.

I also love my own mom and am very grateful for her continued and ongoing support and love. I heard an interesting perspective in an outstanding sacrament meeting talk on Sunday, and that is that we need to be humble enough to realize we still need our mother's help. I agree.

No comments: