Monday, May 3, 2010

:-)

Two significant events in my life happened over the last couple of days.

First, I was released from the bishopric in our ward. When the member of the stake presidency came over during the week to extend the release, I was at first very sad about it. However, as each successive day passed, I felt better and better about it, until finally yesterday as I sat in sacrament meeting and the release became official, it was all good. I feel a lot of peace about the release, because I feel like I did a decent job and I tried hard to be faithful. It's been a really great 3 years, and I was lucky to have been able to serve under 3 excellent bishops. And now, for the first time in 6 years (Elder's quorum president before bishopric...), I don't have to go to PEC meeting before church, and that brings a smile to my face.

Secondly, I had a GREAT doctor appointment this morning. The medieval torture contraption otherwise masquerading as a straight-leg knee brace is history! I'm done with it, and he was very pleased with my progress. He has given me the green light to start riding my bike in controlled environments, and I can basically do most things short of running and jumping. Very cool! I feel like a new man walking around freely, and I'm super excited to get onto my bike, even if it's just in the garage for the time being.

And on top of that, 75-80 degree sunshine every day lately hasn't hurt anything either...

1 comment:

Molly said...

do you have to end by rubbing your awesome weather in our faces?!? :) Spring here has been a JOKE. Snow. Freezing rain. Mud. Grrrrr. J/K Glad you are feeling better!