Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Looking forward...

I'm very excited for the Winter Olympics to start this weekend. I am a big fan of all things Olympics (except figure skating), and not only do I enjoy the competition, but also seeing the world come together for a big event. It brings me back 8 years to the SLC 2002 games, and how cool that was for the city and region. Angela and I were recently laughing at ourselves that we still sport the Olympic logo coats we both got because my company at the time was a very minor sponsor. Anyway, it'll be fun to have a couple weeks worth of something to participate in (by that I mean serious watching time).

We're also looking forward to our upcoming travels. Micah is a little nervous right now because the storms back east are currently canceling all flights. She's headed to NYC on Friday for a few days with her piano academy - the highlight of which for her will be seeing Aunt Jenny, and performing for folks out there. Hopefully the snow will have let up in time for her to be able to go. The rest of us are looking forward to driving out to Utah for some R&R and Provo house stuff. Thanks as always to family who is willing, and doing a very good job of portraying the illusion that they actually want us to invade their lives, to let us stay with them. Should be lots of fun.

Kennan turns 10 in a couple weeks, Brig turns 4 in a couple months, and Morgan turns 8 in early May. We're going to baptize her on the weekend of May 15-16 if anyone's interested in coming along.

So now with all the good things we're looking forward to (and more that didn't make the blog), the challenge is to also live happily in the present and be content with today.

No comments: