Thursday, July 16, 2009
Chaos
Swim team practices and meets, play practice, YW activities, tennis lessons, trips to the beach, play dates, piano lessons, PTA work (it's summer...go figure), So You Think You Can Dance marathons ... man, our kids are going to need to get back to school to get a break... Just the other day during one of their tired moments, Brig and the two younger girls were arguing about something. He finally got extra frustrated and yelled, "I'm not going to be your sister anymore!!!"
Things are humming along though. We're all healthy and happy, generally getting along, and having a great summer. Well, I should say, the family's having a great summer - I just work here. But speaking of work, it's really been going well lately. Our finance org is going through a big restructuring, so things are changing a bit, but I'm excited about the opportunities that will come eventually from it all.
But let's get right down to the important stuff - for those of you who don't know yet, I bought a new bike! It's a sweet machine - at least I think so, because I haven't seen it yet. And after a long, long wait, today's finally the day - I just saw on UPS.com that delivery will take place today, and the bike arrived in Sunnyvale just down the road at 6:30 this morning. Very excited!
Ang and I went out with some fun friends last weekend, ate good Thai food, and saw the movie The Proposal. Somehow, nobody told me that Sandra Bullock was in the movie, but I was stuck by the time I found out. It was fun to just be out with friends. Micah and I are also actively seeking a good time for a daddy-daughter date to see Harry Potter together - it's a little tough now that her play is starting this Saturday. She's excited for it, and it will be fun.
I've been enjoying watching the Tour de France, mainly because the American riders and the American teams are all doing well. I'm sure they're all clean, right? Riiiiiiiiiiight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment