guarantee it's been more than 10 years, but I can't remember when I bowled last. So that will surely make my bowling exploits of yesterday seem all the more impressive. Sometimes you just "feel it", and I was in the zone, on fire, en fuego, unconscious... Who out there can beat a high score of 191? And if you can, do you have your own shoes and monogrammed ball? Oh yeah baby, I was king of Palo Alto Bowl for a day!Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Bowling Champ
I took our work team bowling yesterday for a fun event before everyone disperses for the holidays. It was an absolute blast - very fun to get together outside of work. I mentioned on the blog that over Thanksgiving our family went bowling, but before that, I honestly have no idea when the last time I bowled was. I can
guarantee it's been more than 10 years, but I can't remember when I bowled last. So that will surely make my bowling exploits of yesterday seem all the more impressive. Sometimes you just "feel it", and I was in the zone, on fire, en fuego, unconscious... Who out there can beat a high score of 191? And if you can, do you have your own shoes and monogrammed ball? Oh yeah baby, I was king of Palo Alto Bowl for a day!
guarantee it's been more than 10 years, but I can't remember when I bowled last. So that will surely make my bowling exploits of yesterday seem all the more impressive. Sometimes you just "feel it", and I was in the zone, on fire, en fuego, unconscious... Who out there can beat a high score of 191? And if you can, do you have your own shoes and monogrammed ball? Oh yeah baby, I was king of Palo Alto Bowl for a day!And speaking of Bowls, I'm looking forward to a few of the Bowl games this year. Of course I'll watch BYU v. Arizona in the Las Vegas Bowl, and then there's Texas v. Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. I believe both of my teams will come out bowl champs in their respective bowls. I'm also really looking forward to the Poinsettia bowl where TCU will take on Boise State. I've got a close friend (BYU alum and fan) who lives in Boise and is a season ticket holder for the Broncos - he's sick and tired of fellow BSU fans saying the WAC is better than the MWC, and he's hoping and praying TCU shuts them up...I'm definitely on board with that. There's also the Sugar Bowl, where Utah goes up against an Alabama team that will make it obvious to everyone why people say the SEC is the 2nd best conference in the country (like that Big 12 loyalty?). It may be a long day for the Utes, but I actually hope they can pull off the upset. Other than that, it's just a great time of year for football.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dito on all the bowl talk, except of the Utes. I don't care how good it can be for the conference or football in the State of Utah, or even that they will have the initials JBW on their helmets, I hope they get smashed.
Post a Comment