Monday, June 9, 2008
Swamped here...
CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRISTINE AND CAMERON FOR THE SAFE ARRIVAL OF BABY EMILIE! We're so happy for them all, and it's exciting for us to have a new cousin and niece. They also deserve a huge thanks for finishing up the Provo house and running the Parade of Homes events there. We've had good traffic, but no purchase offers... yet...?
After all the fun birthday celebrations last Friday, we were a little drained, so we didn't get too crazy with the anniversary celebrations on Saturday. I think it's ok to celebrate 14 years of marital bliss by walking around a few sports stores, buying much-needed running clothes, and then having burgers at In-N-Out with Dan & Hailey. It was heaven to be able to leave the kids with Micah and her friend, and not have to worry about them.
This week is crazy in many ways. Since I'm leaving for Zion's Camp this Saturday morning, this is my last week to prepare for our move after I get back in town. Luckily we have the whole last week of June to move, but still, there's a TON to get done. So we're packing up boxes, sorting through things we haven't seen since our last move three years ago, and generally getting ready.
It's also crazy because I have a lot to do to get ready for the camp. To explain, it's a young men's high adventure camp with a spiritual theme. I'm a team captain of 12 YM (none of whom I know), and there's a bunch of stuff I have to prepare for, like contacting all the boys and their parents, daily devotionals, a Sunday School lesson, and just gathering all my own gear. It's going to get down to freezing at night up there, so I'm preparing to be cold. Not sure what possessed me to commit to doing that for a whole week. Kind of wish I could take that one back (especially having to use a full week of vacation!). But it will be fun and hopefully I don't break a leg or have a heart attack in the 50 degree water (think scout camp swim check...uggh!).
Work is really heavy this week as well. I have two big projects going full steam right now, and it's tough to juggle them. Pretty exciting though, and I guess it's better than being bored...
And then the kids get out of school on Wednesday. They're already going to swim team workouts, and now they have parties and carnivals, and they generally want to stay up a lot later than they should. All of this would be much more fun if we didn't have to lug Brig around everywhere one of us goes - he still can't walk because of the darn foot injury, and it's driving us crazy. Unfortunately he's also become a bit whiny as he relies on us for a lot.
We're also in the middle of trying to get home owner's insurance for our Provo home, and then we'll hopefully be able to close on a mortgage this week. It takes time to get all this done, especially when we're in a different state.
We're good though...
After all the fun birthday celebrations last Friday, we were a little drained, so we didn't get too crazy with the anniversary celebrations on Saturday. I think it's ok to celebrate 14 years of marital bliss by walking around a few sports stores, buying much-needed running clothes, and then having burgers at In-N-Out with Dan & Hailey. It was heaven to be able to leave the kids with Micah and her friend, and not have to worry about them.
This week is crazy in many ways. Since I'm leaving for Zion's Camp this Saturday morning, this is my last week to prepare for our move after I get back in town. Luckily we have the whole last week of June to move, but still, there's a TON to get done. So we're packing up boxes, sorting through things we haven't seen since our last move three years ago, and generally getting ready.
It's also crazy because I have a lot to do to get ready for the camp. To explain, it's a young men's high adventure camp with a spiritual theme. I'm a team captain of 12 YM (none of whom I know), and there's a bunch of stuff I have to prepare for, like contacting all the boys and their parents, daily devotionals, a Sunday School lesson, and just gathering all my own gear. It's going to get down to freezing at night up there, so I'm preparing to be cold. Not sure what possessed me to commit to doing that for a whole week. Kind of wish I could take that one back (especially having to use a full week of vacation!). But it will be fun and hopefully I don't break a leg or have a heart attack in the 50 degree water (think scout camp swim check...uggh!).
Work is really heavy this week as well. I have two big projects going full steam right now, and it's tough to juggle them. Pretty exciting though, and I guess it's better than being bored...
And then the kids get out of school on Wednesday. They're already going to swim team workouts, and now they have parties and carnivals, and they generally want to stay up a lot later than they should. All of this would be much more fun if we didn't have to lug Brig around everywhere one of us goes - he still can't walk because of the darn foot injury, and it's driving us crazy. Unfortunately he's also become a bit whiny as he relies on us for a lot.
We're also in the middle of trying to get home owner's insurance for our Provo home, and then we'll hopefully be able to close on a mortgage this week. It takes time to get all this done, especially when we're in a different state.
We're good though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment