Saturday, June 28, 2008

Small things

A couple of posts ago I mentioned that I was tired. Tonight I'm completely wasted. I mean too tired to sleep wasted ... well, check that, I'll be able to sleep, just can't get there for a while. So in my tiredness, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the enormity of the work we still have to do. I'm trying instead to take joy in many positive small and big things that added together make things pretty darn good.

The fact that I'm sitting here in our new home with my wireless internet finally working is a nice small thing. The fact that Dan and Jason helped for hours last night to move all the big furniture in our house in one very big truckload is actually a very big thing for which I'm extremely grateful. The fact that Hailey spent hours at our home today and many other days, unpacking, sorting, and making it feel more like a home is also a ginormous thing. The fact that the kids are mostly asleep in their new beds in their new rooms in the new house is a great thing. The fact that nobody got hurt, nothing got damaged (that we know of), that we got the Uhaul turned in on time (despite them trying to charge us more than $47,000 for mileage - seriously)...those are all good things. It turns out there are a lot of things to be happy about, I'm just too tired to think of any more. I'll check in again soon...

3 comments:

samandbrodi said...

Glad to hear that you survived the roughin it trip.

I personally think though that you should have just paid the $47,000 UHAUL bill and chalk it up as a lesson learned about the cost of moving.

Good to hear that things are moving along though with the move. Good luck.

Cammi said...

So glad to hear you are all settled in! I'll have to stop by and see your new digs! Gees - how will you guys wake up each morning without hearing the semi trucks driving five feet from your house at dawn?! And life won't be the same without getting blocked in by that DANG vitamin store delivery truck each day. I have to say, though, I loved living in that little house - lots of memories of our first three years with our babies. Hope you enjoyed it, too - at least the price was right!

jamkmb said...

We were really lucky to live there, and thanks to the virtues of a very handy sound machine in our bedroom, the delivery trucks didn't bother us at all. We are sort of in awe at all the space we have now though...