Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Spencer!


So I go Molly's blog to take in her loving tribute to her husband on this special day, and guess what I find? Molly saying she's in love with another man...or should I say boy? Pretty sad, Molly, pretty sad.

Well, happy birthday Spencer! Great to have you edging closer and closer to middle age - maybe if you weren't a father of five and your voicemail message didn't say "You've reached Dr. Richards..." in a really dignified voice, I'd say you should start acting your age. But glad to know you're still the same fun-loving joke-around sort of guy most of the time.

Seriously though, I'm so proud of Spencer and all he's accomplished in his life. He's a great person with a strong testimony and has made good choices throughout his life, even when it would have been easy to stray. He's a devoted husband and father, and I'll give him at least a little of the credit for great kids and an orderly, nice home. He's successful in his practice and seems very savvy in thinking long term with a businessman's eye on what the future can be. He's a tremendous athlete - probably the best in the family, although Dave assures me all the time he's way better at ball than Spencer is. He's a real peacemaker - not judgmental, never one to stir up controversy or perpetuate ill feelings, and a real calming influence - but then, what's the fun in that???

Spencer, you're the shizz.

2 comments:

Molly said...

John...I second everything you said about my handsome husband. The tribute on OUR blog is coming tomorrow. Too many little ones and too many party preparations for that kind of thing today, I'm afraid. So thanks for honoring Spencer on his big day. He IS the best!

samandbrodi said...

Thumbs up John to your tribute of Spence. I loved growing up among The Richards family and that was thanks to Spence being a best friend and letting me hang out with you all.

As usual, your posts are always entertaining John...well done.