Wednesday, October 5, 2011
St George Marathon
Angela and I took ourselves down to St George last weekend and ran the marathon. It was so cool to see many old friends and family members who always seem to complete our STG experience. It just wouldn't be the same each year we go down if we couldn't count on seeing Matt & Sheri, Jason & Sara, Jen & Darek, Kirk & Julie, Melissa, Uncle Mike, Tiffany or others of the Colton clan, and many new friends.
Angela did absolutely great. She beat her previous best time by more than 7 minutes, and qualified for Boston, which has long been a goal for her. She struggled with cramping at the end, and feels like she gave it everything so was very satisfied. I was proud of her.
And 1/2 hour later, I crossed the line. It was my worst time by about 22 minutes, but it was actually a bit better than I was expecting and I was happy with finishing. It sort of sounds like an excuse, but the fact that we only found out about 4 weeks before the marathon that we were in didn't really give me a lot of training time. Fortunately Angela had already been running a lot and was much more prepared. I, on the other hand, was not really ready but excited to get another one under my belt. This was my 9th STG, so next year will be my induction into the 10-year club, which I'm quite excited about.
So this week is dedicated to closing out my work in my Imagine Learning job, and preparing to start my new job at Domo on Monday. I'm super stoked about the change, other than the fact that I'll miss many of the people with whom I work at IL. It feels like a really good move and I'm anxious to get going.
Mom and Dad were in town from Chile for a week or so surrounding General Conference. It was great to spend some time with them as they came down to Provo for a visit, and we had a big dinner up at their house one Sunday. My personal highlight of their visit, though, was taking an afternoon off work and going fly fishing with Dad up at the cabin. The fishing was not great, but it was a beautiful day and I can't think of anything better than being on the river with Dad.
Brig finished off another soccer season last week, and I enjoyed being one of the coaches. There were too many kids on the team so it was hard at times to get everyone in and out, but all in all he loved it and had fun. Morgan has started back into her swim team after an end-of-summer break. She's working hard at it and continues to improve her times. Kennan takes tennis and dance, Micah takes tumbling and dance in addition to cheerleading at school. Busy days...
Angela did absolutely great. She beat her previous best time by more than 7 minutes, and qualified for Boston, which has long been a goal for her. She struggled with cramping at the end, and feels like she gave it everything so was very satisfied. I was proud of her.
And 1/2 hour later, I crossed the line. It was my worst time by about 22 minutes, but it was actually a bit better than I was expecting and I was happy with finishing. It sort of sounds like an excuse, but the fact that we only found out about 4 weeks before the marathon that we were in didn't really give me a lot of training time. Fortunately Angela had already been running a lot and was much more prepared. I, on the other hand, was not really ready but excited to get another one under my belt. This was my 9th STG, so next year will be my induction into the 10-year club, which I'm quite excited about.
So this week is dedicated to closing out my work in my Imagine Learning job, and preparing to start my new job at Domo on Monday. I'm super stoked about the change, other than the fact that I'll miss many of the people with whom I work at IL. It feels like a really good move and I'm anxious to get going.
Mom and Dad were in town from Chile for a week or so surrounding General Conference. It was great to spend some time with them as they came down to Provo for a visit, and we had a big dinner up at their house one Sunday. My personal highlight of their visit, though, was taking an afternoon off work and going fly fishing with Dad up at the cabin. The fishing was not great, but it was a beautiful day and I can't think of anything better than being on the river with Dad.
Brig finished off another soccer season last week, and I enjoyed being one of the coaches. There were too many kids on the team so it was hard at times to get everyone in and out, but all in all he loved it and had fun. Morgan has started back into her swim team after an end-of-summer break. She's working hard at it and continues to improve her times. Kennan takes tennis and dance, Micah takes tumbling and dance in addition to cheerleading at school. Busy days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment