Thursday, July 28, 2011
Late July. It's Hot.
We had a killer family reunion last week with all my siblings, their families, my parents, and Grandpa Richards. We rented out this amazing lodge up Hobble Creek Canyon called Spring Haven - hello!!! Huge, luxurious, beautiful, remote but close to civilization ... pretty much everything we hoped for. Highlights were: an impromptu game of 7-man brothers version of 21 (like 1 on 1, only with 7 guys) in the sweet indoor bball court, water fight with all the kids and most of the adults, Amazing Race BYU campus edition (ok, that's a gratuitous self-promotion because I planned this one - but it really was fun!), bike rides with the bros (even though I was feeling sick Saturday morning and couldn't go on the real ride), golf at Hobble Creek where everyone played well, great air conditioning in the rooms, hanging with the fam, delicious food, and much more.
On Sunday we went up to Dad and Mom's ward as they spoke before leaving to Chile next week. Matt and Rebecca were also blessing their baby there so we all participated in that. They were great talks and a great blessing, but unfortunately that won't be the prevailing memory of the meeting. The deacon who was passing the sacrament, standing right next to me, threw up all over the place. Luckily I heard the freight train coming up the esophagus and moved quick as a cat over into Angela's lap so didn't get sprayed, but it was still horrifying for all involved. I'm sure the poor kid felt terribly humiliated, but I wasn't too happy as I got down on my hands and knees with baby wipes and cleaned it up. Angela said Elder Bednar on the stand was smiling as he saw me cleaning...
The landscaping on our house is moving along slowly but ... well, slowly pretty much sums it up... I was very excited to go home for lunch today and see the sod going in - that's some tangible progress! Can't wait to now get the patio poured so we can start grilling and chilling. Pics to come as things continue.
Summer's been hot, and surprisingly more humid than I remembered Utah being. Not always, but some days have been downright muggy. The last couple of days have included explosive late afternoon monsoon storms that are spectacular and cooling - I admit I like them as long as I'm not out on my bike or something like that.
Still happy in Provo...
On Sunday we went up to Dad and Mom's ward as they spoke before leaving to Chile next week. Matt and Rebecca were also blessing their baby there so we all participated in that. They were great talks and a great blessing, but unfortunately that won't be the prevailing memory of the meeting. The deacon who was passing the sacrament, standing right next to me, threw up all over the place. Luckily I heard the freight train coming up the esophagus and moved quick as a cat over into Angela's lap so didn't get sprayed, but it was still horrifying for all involved. I'm sure the poor kid felt terribly humiliated, but I wasn't too happy as I got down on my hands and knees with baby wipes and cleaned it up. Angela said Elder Bednar on the stand was smiling as he saw me cleaning...
The landscaping on our house is moving along slowly but ... well, slowly pretty much sums it up... I was very excited to go home for lunch today and see the sod going in - that's some tangible progress! Can't wait to now get the patio poured so we can start grilling and chilling. Pics to come as things continue.
Summer's been hot, and surprisingly more humid than I remembered Utah being. Not always, but some days have been downright muggy. The last couple of days have included explosive late afternoon monsoon storms that are spectacular and cooling - I admit I like them as long as I'm not out on my bike or something like that.
Still happy in Provo...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Best wishes to your mom and dad! And poor deacon! I'm sure his mom appreciated you cleaning up the mess. :)
Post a Comment