Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blogging for Two

I admit it, I was almost ready to throw in the towel on this whole blog thing. I haven't been updating very faithfully lately, and it hasn't been as fun for me to feel guilty about not posting, rather than keeping up a steady stream of posts like I used to. Besides, I never really know if anyone is out there reading ... crickets? do I hear crickets?

This week we had a great visit from our longtime friends Craig and Krista - college roommates of mine and Angela's way, way back when we were at BYU. They live in Colorado now and it's always fun when we catch up, however infrequently. I was surprised and very happy when they started talking about how they read the blog, and thus they know a lot about what we've been doing recently. It was kind of gratifying to know that we at least have two loyal readers. So it is with renewed vigor that I attack this blogging thing again - if only for Craig and Krista. C&K, it may just be you guys and me, but I'm going to still try and entertain you guys (and in the process probably only entertain myself...).

A couple of great things lately:

1.  11 pm Tuesday night we noticed the front tire on our Expedition was completely flat - thanks neighborhood construction nails in the street, appreciate it. So I pulled the very dirty spare tire out from under the car, put it on after an epic battle with the jack and lug nuts, and was kind of proud that it took me less than an hour to change a flat. I took it in to Mike's Auto Tune & Tire in Provo to repair, and here's what will secure my business for the rest of my Provo life: not only did they offer to put the tire back on the car right away after fixing it despite lots of customers, but then Mike waved me off when I pulled out my wallet and told me to have a great day. Never mind the thousands of dollars I've already spent there, that $15 plus tax just sealed the deal...

2.  The Tour de France is picking up steam and I'm hooked hard. It helps to have an arch enemy, someone to cheer against, the Yankees of the peloton - and I have one this year: Alberto Contador. I don't like him because he tested positive for doping, I don't like him because last year he spat upon time honored traditions of cycling to not take advantage of your rival's mechanical misfortune, and I don't like him because, well, I don't think I need any more reasons. So on day one, he got caught up in some crashes and lost more than a minute to the other real contenders, and just like Mike's $15 above, I was instantly interested. Nice that someone's downfall makes me so happy, huh?

3.  Finally, Micah, our sweet little girl, turns 14 years old today. What?!?!?! Yep, it's true... My gift for her this year was a brand new, hand made, Pottery Barn replica bed (Pottery Barn inspired, yes, but much better quality if I say so myself!). It's been fun to build, but tough to finish off. I wanted to get it set up for her birthday, so last night as she was out with Angela doing late night errands for her party tonight, Morgan helped me set it up as a surprise for her birthday. It makes me really happy to do stuff like that. I love her very much and am so proud of her, while at the same time wishing she wasn't growing up quite so fast...

1 comment:

Thi-Anh said...

I appreciate your blogs!...I love keeping up with all the LeBras families...so maybe i'm your 3rd religious reader..:)