Thursday, May 12, 2011
Um, forgot that...
So in talking all about our busy weekend last week, I neglected to mention two of the most important things: Morgan's 9th birthday, and Mother's Day. That was not because of a lack of love for those two special people, it was simply because I'm an idiot, and my simple mind has a hard time thinking about more than one thing at once.
So we had a fun day for Morgan. I didn't participate in all the festivities, because that would've required me to get brightly colored toenail paint. But I did submit myself to the Justin Bieber movie as part of our family celebration for Morgan, and we had a fun dinner at Pizza Factory. It was so fun to see Morgan happy and loving the attention.
Mother's Day was a bit less celebratory for Angela, unfortunately. With my ox firmly entrenched in the mire (a biblical reference that helps me feel better about having had to paint the floor on Sunday due to a strict Monday deadline), I spent many hours, both before church and late into the evening, at the house finishing up the floor. Church was good, my long afternoon nap was great (nothing like telling the mother of your children you love and honor her by taking a two-hour nap... sheeesh), and it was really fun to go to dinner up at my parents where many of my siblings gathered for my Mom's final American Mother's Day for a while. (and I feel like I should explain the nap thing ... I had been working on the floor until 1am three nights straight, and then was up at 5:30 Sunday morning to try and get more done before church, so Angela was very understanding...) See below for my Mother's Day gift to my dear wife...
Also, here are a couple of links to YouTube videos of Micah's last two performances for Centennial Idol. I particularly love the first one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlkLQmxOTu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwDlbx-amdE
So we had a fun day for Morgan. I didn't participate in all the festivities, because that would've required me to get brightly colored toenail paint. But I did submit myself to the Justin Bieber movie as part of our family celebration for Morgan, and we had a fun dinner at Pizza Factory. It was so fun to see Morgan happy and loving the attention.
Mother's Day was a bit less celebratory for Angela, unfortunately. With my ox firmly entrenched in the mire (a biblical reference that helps me feel better about having had to paint the floor on Sunday due to a strict Monday deadline), I spent many hours, both before church and late into the evening, at the house finishing up the floor. Church was good, my long afternoon nap was great (nothing like telling the mother of your children you love and honor her by taking a two-hour nap... sheeesh), and it was really fun to go to dinner up at my parents where many of my siblings gathered for my Mom's final American Mother's Day for a while. (and I feel like I should explain the nap thing ... I had been working on the floor until 1am three nights straight, and then was up at 5:30 Sunday morning to try and get more done before church, so Angela was very understanding...) See below for my Mother's Day gift to my dear wife...
Also, here are a couple of links to YouTube videos of Micah's last two performances for Centennial Idol. I particularly love the first one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlkLQmxOTu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwDlbx-amdE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the floor looks great! it looks like a lot of hard work, that is for sure!
Post a Comment