Monday, October 18, 2010
Bi-weekly catch-up post
It seems like I've had so much to write about lately, that I end up just not writing anything at all. I know, doesn't make much sense. What's on my mind today may not reflect something that would have been interesting a few days ago. So sorry for the delays.
We had an awesome weekend. Saturday morning we loaded up the kids in the car and on the spur of the moment drove up to San Francisco and walked around for a few hours. It was crowded but fun. Our friends the Hursts joined us, and that made the kids happy as their kids are friends. We haven't done that as often as we probably should, but we enjoy it each time we do - enjoy being up there, and enjoy leaving - so it's a win-win. :)
Here's another point of awesomeness that some of you men will be green with envy about. I got home last night from a meeting that went a bit late, and I was wondering where everyone was. To my surprise, I found Angela and all the kids gathered around the Giants playoff game, watching to the bitter end even though the Phillies had that one wrapped up. Yes, my wife turned on the Giants game, and they watched it ... without me there ... there is a big grin on my face right now.
Kennan is off this week to her 5th grade week-long field trip for outdoor education. She has been SO excited for it, as in wanting to start packing like 3 weeks ago excited. She was beaming this morning on the way out the door - hopefully she feels the same way throughout the week and has a great time.
It's political season again. I have found myself less and less interested in following candidates, platforms, and races. I think the thing that has really turned me off is all the mudslinging and negative campaign ads on both sides. The big race here is for CA governor between Meg Whitman, former eBay CEO, and Jerry Brown, former failed politician. I actually think Meg would do a good job, and I'll vote for her, but I admit I automatically turn the channel any time a political ad comes on because it's 100% guaranteed to be negative.
Lots going on this week. I'll try to post more frequently to capture thoughts as they happen, rather than too late.
We had an awesome weekend. Saturday morning we loaded up the kids in the car and on the spur of the moment drove up to San Francisco and walked around for a few hours. It was crowded but fun. Our friends the Hursts joined us, and that made the kids happy as their kids are friends. We haven't done that as often as we probably should, but we enjoy it each time we do - enjoy being up there, and enjoy leaving - so it's a win-win. :)
Here's another point of awesomeness that some of you men will be green with envy about. I got home last night from a meeting that went a bit late, and I was wondering where everyone was. To my surprise, I found Angela and all the kids gathered around the Giants playoff game, watching to the bitter end even though the Phillies had that one wrapped up. Yes, my wife turned on the Giants game, and they watched it ... without me there ... there is a big grin on my face right now.
Kennan is off this week to her 5th grade week-long field trip for outdoor education. She has been SO excited for it, as in wanting to start packing like 3 weeks ago excited. She was beaming this morning on the way out the door - hopefully she feels the same way throughout the week and has a great time.
It's political season again. I have found myself less and less interested in following candidates, platforms, and races. I think the thing that has really turned me off is all the mudslinging and negative campaign ads on both sides. The big race here is for CA governor between Meg Whitman, former eBay CEO, and Jerry Brown, former failed politician. I actually think Meg would do a good job, and I'll vote for her, but I admit I automatically turn the channel any time a political ad comes on because it's 100% guaranteed to be negative.
Lots going on this week. I'll try to post more frequently to capture thoughts as they happen, rather than too late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment