Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family Happenings

We took the family up to the Giants-Cubs games in San Francisco last night. What a great time at a fun park with some awesome friends! ... but ... it got very cold, and it's definitely not cheap to take the family to a game. After tickets, parking, and a very modest amount of food, we were over $200 all in. Oh well, very fun, and worth the experience every once in a while. AT&T Park in SF is a great place to watch a game, even if the Giants lost :(

We're feeling the end of summer coming on rapidly as we're in the last full week of summer for the younger kids, and Micah will start the week after next. It's been such a mild summer here that it definitely doesn't feel like August, which nobody's complaining about. The last few days have been filled with swimming, friend time, tennis lessons and running club, and "Micah Camp" where Micah, with help from her sisters, puts on a 3 hour camp for neighborhood kids. The kids are actually excited to go back to school, so let's get it on...

I'm looking forward to an upcoming trip to London and Dublin starting next weekend and through the following work week. It will only be 1 week, and it's necessarily filled with lots of work, so I'm not anticipating any "fun" time, but it's always fun/interesting to go someplace far away for a little while. It would've been fun if Angela could've come with me. I was really worried for a while because I hadn't used or seen my passport for three years, and it wasn't in the box where we normally keep it. Not to mention that we had moved since the last usage, so who knows where it could have been. We started looking without success, and just as I was considering paying lots of $$$ for a rush passport replacement, I took a page out of my kids' book, said a prayer, and literally as I was finishing the prayer I walked right to the location where the passport was hiding. Pretty awesome.

Just want to say how grateful we are for our families and all the support, love, and friendship we get from them. It's so nice to have them behind us through all our ups and downs.

No comments: