Monday, April 5, 2010

Surgery phase 2 (aka, spoke too soon)

Not sure if it was the drugs talking, or if it just took a little while for the knee pain to really set after the operation, but Sunday and Monday have been drastically different than Saturday was. More pain both in the knee joint, as well as sharper pain at the cut site, have combined to bring me back to earth. Yes, I foolishly hoped I was going to "beat the odds" and have an easy recover, but reality has set in.

Didn't go in to work today, which I'm not crazy about, but couldn't imagine having sat at a desk or had to move around like I would in a normal work day. We'll see how tomorrow goes...

1 comment:

samandbrodi said...

Sounds miserable. Thinking outside the box in regards to your rehab--Just stand up and break out in a dead sprint to loosen it up! I am sure your doctor would think that was a great idea.

Hopefully you will recover soon. Good luck. Load up on the pain meds.