
I'm shaky and sweating, getting chills frequently, prone to massive mood swings, and find it hard to focus on important things. It's an epidemic more pervasive than swine flu, bird flu, mad cow, or other animal related ailments, although this one is closely tied to Cougars, Longhorns, Eagles, Ravens, and other awe inspiring creatures. Nope, I'm not really sick (unless you consider my head...), it's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!
This is the last weekend in which the DVR will not be fully loaded and cranked up to high gear, the last weekend of blissful anticipation before your team really has to show how good (or not) they are, the last Saturday night of aimlessly flipping through channels when everyone else has gone to bed. Yep, I'm all set. I got my DirecTV dish in, the channels cataloged and indexed for quickest large-scale viewing, the entire season schedule printed and highlighted for each week's must see games, my teams' games in the calendar and purring in idle until they get closer, my fantasy football team selected and researched, and of course I'm up to speed on all the latest news, chats, speculation, smack talk, and otherwise for my favorite teams. Come to think of it, maybe I am really sick...

Game ON!
3 comments:
Make sure you've got Ibuprofen within arms reach - would hate for your remote hand to freeze up mid-weekend.
That wasn't Mere - it was Daver.
I've been working on proper remote control finger placement so I can automatically press all the right buttons with a minimum of movement. I've also been going through extensive fall camp workouts - even two-a-days to get my digits in shape for the upcoming season!
Post a Comment