Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Landscaping Love

Many of you may be familiar with our seemingly endless landscaping saga. Without rehashing the travails, we've kicked into get-it-done mode, and we're actually making some good progress. We're going to finish this bad boy if it's the last thing we do.

We've wanted to be able to use the yard for things like hosting friends, having BBQ's, and just generally hanging out/playing outside. The big side yard has already been the site of numerous neighborhood baseball games, so that's great. It's the back that's been the headache.

Well now, thanks to an awesome assist by my brother-in-law, we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. We're very close to wrapping up the sprinkling system, after which we'll get the rest of the sod laid, and then we are substantially complete. Can't wait! Not only will it make the yard more usable and functional, it will also greatly reduce the amount of dust tracked into the house anytime someone comes in.

Highlights of the work completed so far are the trampoline getting buried in the ground - and the guy who did it for us did a masterful job. We also got the fire pit finished, and that's been a definite plus as we've enjoyed sitting out late at night and talking by the fire, as well as having friends over for roasted marshmallows and fireside chats. To make that easier, we also got a good deal on some of those benches where you can fold the back over to create a picnic table - great to have nice, usable, comfortable sitting and eating places.

Finally, I have to mention the satisfaction I've felt as I work hard out in the yard. Sure I can't completely do all the work out there because it's not really my expertise, but I now feel a ton of equity in the work that I have done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

glad it's almost done! we'l have to come by when it's done to see it! we still haven't ever seen your new house!

samandbrodi said...

I want our trampoline put in the ground. But I am too lazy to do the digging and the moving of sprinkler lines. Congrats on getting it all done with the yard, I bet it will look fabulous.