Thursday, September 15, 2011
Mid September catch up
Man, you take a month off from writing in your blog and you barely recognize it when you come back. That's actually literally true ... Google upgraded the interface to blogger and I likey.
Wow, so much going on. I'll try to fill in most of the big holes, although I'm certainly going to miss some cool stuff. Since I wrote last, these are the highlights:
Micah started cheering at Timpview football games. I love to go watch her, and catch a bit of football at the same time. She does great and is actually quite good at the cheerleader thing. I definitely have my eye on all the mongrel boys who sit and scope out the cheerleaders...
School started. Micah likes her classes and friends, and is balancing cheer with some other outside activities. Kennan is a big 6th grader and I think is thriving in that environment. Morgan is her usual happy-go-lucky self and does well at whatever. Brig started kindergarten and has been loving it - no separation anxiety or tears whatsoever, just happy to go to school. He had a traumatic episode this week though as he threw up in class. He hadn't been acting sick, but we knew he had been playing with some neighbor boys who also threw up suddenly. He called me after Ang picked him up and I think the trauma of it caught up to him as he only got out "hi Dad..." and he broke down in sobs. I felt so bad for him.
We've continued to build some great friendships in our ward and neighborhood. It's so nice to have great people around us. I also went off sweets for a couple of weeks and that helped me feel good about my will power. I'm not trying to lose weight necessarily, just wanted to make some small changes.
Ang and I found out a couple weeks ago that we have been granted admission to the St George marathon in a few weeks. Some good friends here in Provo have contacts at the race, and they got us in. I think I'm happy about that, although I haven't been training and even though I think I can finish a marathon at this point, it's gonna be slow and painful. Ang of course is going to rock the house...
I finally finished my third furniture project - our master bed. I have to say it looks pretty darn good, and happy to say it's very solid. Now that that's done, I feel like I can get to some more house-related projects, like cleaning and organizing the basement and the garage. We're still trying hard to coax little minutes of work out of our landscaper. The "few weeks" job has turned into the "few months" job, and we're just anxious to get it done and stop having to worry about when it'll get finished. I guess you really do get what you pay for.
I've had a lot of work things going on that are a little outside of the usual day to day schedule. My favorite was playing in a golf tournament with some cool guys from work up at Red Ledges in Heber, a Jack Nicklaus course. We've also had meetings and events at Sundance and Park City recently, so it's been nice to break up the work days that way.
Memorial Day weekend was really fun. We went up to the cabin just with our little family on Friday night and Saturday, and it was spectacularly beautiful up there. I got out on the river for some fly fishing - didn't catch a ton but LOVED it. I also took the kids up to the reservoir for some early morning fishing... actually, Morgan and I went early in the cold, and the rest came later. Again, not a lot of fish action, but fun to be there with everyone. We also played tennis at the cabin. Monday was a fun hike to Stewart Falls above Sundance with our friends the Weights.
Finally, I went to Austin last weekend with Dave, Nate, Dan, and MattMax for the BYU-Texas football game. I kept saying to everyone all along that I was more anxious to eat at Chuy's and Rudy's than I was even to go to the game. Believe me, my favorite restaurants didn't disappoint - it was awesome! The game was great in the first half, frustrating in the second half, and we lost by 1 point. Oh well. But we also got to stay with a very generous old friend from MBA school, Jeremy Allen, and it was really cool to catch up with him and his family.
Wow, so much going on. I'll try to fill in most of the big holes, although I'm certainly going to miss some cool stuff. Since I wrote last, these are the highlights:
Micah started cheering at Timpview football games. I love to go watch her, and catch a bit of football at the same time. She does great and is actually quite good at the cheerleader thing. I definitely have my eye on all the mongrel boys who sit and scope out the cheerleaders...
School started. Micah likes her classes and friends, and is balancing cheer with some other outside activities. Kennan is a big 6th grader and I think is thriving in that environment. Morgan is her usual happy-go-lucky self and does well at whatever. Brig started kindergarten and has been loving it - no separation anxiety or tears whatsoever, just happy to go to school. He had a traumatic episode this week though as he threw up in class. He hadn't been acting sick, but we knew he had been playing with some neighbor boys who also threw up suddenly. He called me after Ang picked him up and I think the trauma of it caught up to him as he only got out "hi Dad..." and he broke down in sobs. I felt so bad for him.
We've continued to build some great friendships in our ward and neighborhood. It's so nice to have great people around us. I also went off sweets for a couple of weeks and that helped me feel good about my will power. I'm not trying to lose weight necessarily, just wanted to make some small changes.
Ang and I found out a couple weeks ago that we have been granted admission to the St George marathon in a few weeks. Some good friends here in Provo have contacts at the race, and they got us in. I think I'm happy about that, although I haven't been training and even though I think I can finish a marathon at this point, it's gonna be slow and painful. Ang of course is going to rock the house...
I finally finished my third furniture project - our master bed. I have to say it looks pretty darn good, and happy to say it's very solid. Now that that's done, I feel like I can get to some more house-related projects, like cleaning and organizing the basement and the garage. We're still trying hard to coax little minutes of work out of our landscaper. The "few weeks" job has turned into the "few months" job, and we're just anxious to get it done and stop having to worry about when it'll get finished. I guess you really do get what you pay for.
I've had a lot of work things going on that are a little outside of the usual day to day schedule. My favorite was playing in a golf tournament with some cool guys from work up at Red Ledges in Heber, a Jack Nicklaus course. We've also had meetings and events at Sundance and Park City recently, so it's been nice to break up the work days that way.
Memorial Day weekend was really fun. We went up to the cabin just with our little family on Friday night and Saturday, and it was spectacularly beautiful up there. I got out on the river for some fly fishing - didn't catch a ton but LOVED it. I also took the kids up to the reservoir for some early morning fishing... actually, Morgan and I went early in the cold, and the rest came later. Again, not a lot of fish action, but fun to be there with everyone. We also played tennis at the cabin. Monday was a fun hike to Stewart Falls above Sundance with our friends the Weights.
Finally, I went to Austin last weekend with Dave, Nate, Dan, and MattMax for the BYU-Texas football game. I kept saying to everyone all along that I was more anxious to eat at Chuy's and Rudy's than I was even to go to the game. Believe me, my favorite restaurants didn't disappoint - it was awesome! The game was great in the first half, frustrating in the second half, and we lost by 1 point. Oh well. But we also got to stay with a very generous old friend from MBA school, Jeremy Allen, and it was really cool to catch up with him and his family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment