Thursday, March 3, 2011

Huge Bundle of Awesomeness!


Yesterday afternoon, March 2, 2011, digging commenced on our new home!  It seems like we've been waiting forever, so we're super psyched to have ground broken and things underway.  It's right on the way to and from work, and in fact we'll be able to see it going up when I drop Micah off at school, so I'll post periodic updates.  We expect it to go up pretty quickly, and it'll be fun to walk through and see the progress.  Very excited and a little nervous...

Also, I mentioned previously that I'm getting Lasik.  After my prep appointment this morning, I'm officially scheduled for next Friday morning, 3/11, which is great news.  It was kind of a grueling process today as they had to first assess that my eyes are now making enough tears, and then they had to run a whole bunch of other tests to make sure things were good to go.  My eyes have been doing better making tears, but I didn't want to take any chances, so when they put the tear strips in my eyes and left the room, I worked hard to make sure I was tearing up.  I couldn't really get any good tears going by thinking of the kids, so I resorted to physical "persuasions", repeatedly punching myself in the nose, and then finally going to the ever popular nose hair pull.  It worked.

So the whole reason for doing Lasik now is that I've been having problems with my contact lens in my right eye because of some previous and recurring infections.  Well, that's rearing its ugly head again because the scarring on the eye from the infections is going to force me to have one procedure on the right eye - which takes lots longer to heal - and one procedure on the left eye - which will heal quickly, so at least I'll have one good eye...  The other bummer is I can't swim for a couple weeks post surgery, but small price to pay, and it'll give me a chance to hit running and biking harder.  Anyway, I'm excited about all that too.

And in the not-so-awesome category, we've still got our taxes hanging over our heads.  It's time we just bite the bullet and do them, but we're pretty sure we're going to have to pay, so while it will be good to know the damage, I'm not anxious to fork over our $$$.  Oh well, nothing we can do about it ... that's legal anyway.

No comments: