
I feel old sometimes. My hair is graying rapidly, my metabolism moves at a glacial pace, I stare with a grumpy expression at dumb teenage boys, and I like Neil Diamond. But I was completely unprepared for this day to come. Today I am the father of a teenage daughter. Never mind that she bucks most of the stereotypes of teenage girls. Never mind that she's responsible, kind, a good student, and doesn't play silly games. Never mind that all was good yesterday when she was still 12...

OK, so it's actually a really happy day. We love our Micah so much. She's wonderful in so many ways I can't even begin to list them all. We're incredibly grateful for her, and despite our objections, are really happy to see her growing up and progressing. She's an example even to her parents, which is fine because by all accounts she's likely to be the main breadwinner in the home within the next year or two (just kidding).
The pictures are of our lunch at Google. We really miss Kennan and Morgan, who are still in Utah and can't celebrate with us. But we know they're thinking of Micah, and it means more homemade apple pie for us tonight!!! I'm a dang lucky guy, and I love my family more than anything!
2 comments:
Family, We miss you so much!!!! We hope Micah had an awesome birthday!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!! We love you so much!! We can't wait to see you soon!!! Sorry we can't be with you on Micah's special day. We are having so much fun though!!! Love you lots!!!!
Love,
Kennan
We love Micah! She is a special girl, and we are so lucky she is the oldest grandchild. She is such an example to the younger ones.
Post a Comment